The Dubuque Senior Library leads students to locate, evaluate and use information from a variety of formats while meeting the diverse needs of student learning, promoting life-long learning and a love of reading. It will support the curricular and personal needs of students and staff by giving them access to quality resources and providing current information.
Students are not charged for overdue items. When an item(s) becomes overdue, the student will receive an overdue notice in their email and in a scheduled class (usually English).. If the item is not returned but rather lost or damaged, the student has the option of replacing the item or paying the replacement cost.
Device Check Out
Students may check out laptops, Kajeet Wi-Fi Hotspots, and Kindle Paperwhites or Kindle Fires. All devices have permission slips that require student and parent/guardian signatures. All devices are for school use, so they are subject to filters and time limits.
Library and information literacy skills are taught in a variety of classrooms and are based on the American Association of School Librarians Standards Framework for Learners..
Senior students will check out required textbooks from the textbook room through a computerized program that keeps track of all textbooks. Each copy of a given book has an individual bar code. During check-out, that bar code is recorded so that we know which copy the student checked out.
The Library/Textbook Staff highly recommends that students keep a list of the bar codes on the texts in his/her agenda in case they become lost or mistaken. Students should also write their name in the front cover of the book.
Please keep in mind:
* Students are responsible for the condition of the books checked out to them.
* Do not: loan them, share them, leave them in a classroom, vehicle, P.E. locker, or anywhere else where someone might take them or cause them damage.
* Don't write or draw on any part of the textbooks.
* If the textbook shows signs of damage or begins to come loose from the spine or loses pages, return it to the textbook room immediately and a new book will be issued to you.
At the end of the course/semester/school year or after dropping a course:
* Students MUST return the EXACT copy of the book that was checked out to him/her to avoid paying a replacement cost.
* If the book is lost or stolen and not checked in, there will be a replacement charge assessed to the student account.
* All books should be returned to the textbook room by the student it was assigned to. Do not give textbooks to friends or teachers to return.
* Please wait until we check the book in and state your name to be sure you are returning the book assigned to your account.
Our Library Staff